Summer is Here, Get Your Tracksuits Out
Winters mean staying locked up indoors for an unbearably long time. Summers come with the promise of freedom, fresh air, beach parties, and so much more. While in winter, we generally keep stuffing our stomachs with all the unhealthy foods we could get, summer is the time for getting back into action. Regular visits to the gym, walking in your neighborhood, and taking care of the calorie intake is all back in your life as the summer season comes.
Women should have the following five health foods in their kitchen, as these not only provide the feeling of fullness, but are also rich in important nutrients:
Vegetables: Contain Vitamin A and C, carotenes, folates, and iron. The more bitter a vegetable tastes, the better it is for our health – like broccoli or cabbage, for instance.
Canned Beans: Beans are rich in iron, proteins, and some minerals like zinc. Women especially need iron to maintain their health and fitness all through the month.
Salsa: It is a healthy condiment, no matter how you want to take it.
Smoked Mackerel: Provides Omega 3 fatty acids, the healthy fats required by our body.
Fruit Compotes: Another yummy option for health food. You can mix it with yogurt to make a superb fruit smoothie.
Some Tips for Staying on Top This Summer
- Walk and exercise. These will improve the strength of your bones as well as your overall health.
- Eat what the season has to offer.
- The blistering summer heat could be a little too much for your bare skin. Use UV protection when out in the sun and scrub your skin daily.
- Instead of taking your coffee black, add a little skimmed milk to it.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Lessen the sodium in your diet.
- Eat a good breakfast with a nice blend of dairy, vegetables, and fruits.