5 Reasons Why You Should Ditch Flat Shoes For Vionic Shoes
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the same old status quo isn’t working as well as it should? That was the idea that renowned podiatrist Philip Vasyli had when he invented Vionic shoes. These heat moldable orthotics are a low-cost option that can aid in the treatment of many foot and leg-related ailments, including plantar fasciitis and over-pronation. Providing essential stability to support natural alignment from the ground up, these shoes hug your arches like a natural footprint and provide a better, more practical alternative to flat shoes.
Who needs supportive shoes? Well, to put it simply… everyone! Those who commute to work on foot, stand for prolonged periods of time each day, the elderly and those who have a history of leg, knee and hip pain can especially benefit from some extra foot support. Finding comfortable shoes for women and men is simple at Ames Walker, where we have an excellent selection of Vionic slippers and shoes from which to choose! Here are some great reasons why you should opt for Vionic the next time you go shoe shopping.
- Flat Shoes Have Been Shown to Cause Plantar Fasciitis — This frustrating condition, also known as policeman’s heel, causes inflammation of the thick band of tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes. This common cause of heel pain triggers a sharp, stabbing-like sensation that’s often worse in the morning. Regular shoes cause plantar fasciitis because they put the heel of the foot in a dysfunctional position, causing compression and pain. Vionic shoes alleviate heel pain when worn throughout the day because they reduce the strain on the planter fascia.
- They Provide Relief from Fallen Arches — The phrases “fallen arches” or “flat feet” are used to referred to a condition where the inside of the foot’s arch touches the floor while standing. This can be caused naturally by lack of development or from injury or wear and tear. While it seems inconsequential, fallen arches can actually cause unpleasant symptoms, including tired feet, pain, fatigue and even body aches. Vionic shoes have OrthaheelÒ Technology to restore the foot’s natural alignment, providing natural relief.
- Flat Shoes Can Cause Ingrown Toenails — If you’ve ever had an ingrown toenail — a condition where the toenail grows into the flesh after being cut or broken — you know how painful and debilitating it can be. What you may not know is that your regular shoes may be causing ingrown toenails, since they allow your feet extra room to breathe. Vionic shoes work to eliminate the scrunching and pressure on the toes, which means less risk of ingrown toenails.
- Flat Shoes Can Cause Back, Knee, Ankle and Hip Problems —Good joint support starts with your feet. In order to prevent needless pressure on the joints and improper alignment, you need to pick out a pair of shoes that lays a good, solid foundation for every single step you take. Unlike flat shoes, Vionic shoes are designed with curving, arch-hugging soles that provide exceptional arch support. Getting the right amount of arch support can help relieve pain in the back, knees, ankles and hips.
- Flat Shoes Can Cause Tendon Tears — A tendon tear is a painful condition that causes swelling, redness, warmth, weakness and soreness for a prolonged period of time. These kinds of injuries are often triggered by the wrong shoes, especially shoes that don’t have enough support in the arches. Vionic shoes fit better, which helps keep them in a stable position so they’re less likely to tear while walking, jogging or standing.
Finding Your Perfect Pair
Vionic shoes come in a huge assortment of styles to suit every footwear need and activity, including boots, casual footwear, sandals, slippers, running shoes and wellness shoes. And just because they’re good for you doesn’t mean they compromise in the style department. These shoes are stylish and comfy… no compromises! Ready to take the next step into a pair of these revolutionary shoes? Explore our Vionic men’s shoes and Vionic women’s shoes now! We often have Vionic shoes on sale and for great prices to help you get premium support at an affordable price point.